DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
a) remove fuel tank
b) remove alternator
c) remove fan drive
d) remove transmission oil filter base
e) remove transmission oil and scavenge
f) remove parking brake rotochamber
and release valve
1. Dram the oil from the transmission. Dram
the coolant from the cooling system.
NOTE: The plug that has a location in tube (4)
toward the front of the machine can be removed to
dram the coolant from tube (4). Put the plug in
position in tube (4) after draining the coolant.
2. Remove hose clamps (1) from each end of
tube (4). Remove tube (4).
3. Put identification on oil lines (3) as to their
location on the relief control valve. Discon-
nect oil lines (3) from the valve.
4. Loosen the nuts from bolts (2) on each side
of the engine. Tighten bolts (2) until they
are against the frame. Tighten the nuts.
5. Remove bolts (6) and retainer (9) that hold
couplings (8) to the transmission. Loosen
nuts (7) and slide couplings (8) free of the
transmission. Lift control cables (5) out of
the links on the transmission control valves.
6. Fasten a hoist to the lifting eyes on the
transmission. Remove bolts (10) that hold
the transmission to the flywheel housing.
Remove nuts (11) that hold the transmis-
sion to the studs in the differential housing.
7. Move the transmission away from the en-
gine and off the studs in the differential
8. Lift transmission (12) and remove it from
the machine. Weight is 1500 lb. (680 kg).