DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
29. Remove bearing (32) from the pinion with
A B C D E F
Dial Test Indicator Group
1. Heat bearing (2) in oil to a temperature of
275oF (135oC). Install bearing (2) on
2. Lower the temperature of the two bearing
cups for the pinion. Install the bearing cups
in differential carrier (3).
3. Install the seal in the differential carrier.
Install the seal with the lip toward the bevel
gear. Put a small amount of oil on the lip of
4. Put pinion (1) in position on a block as
shown. Install tooling (A) on carrier (3) and
fasten a hoist to tooling (A). Lift the carrier
and put it in position over pinion (1) so
bearing (2) is in its seat in the bearing cup.