DISASSEMBLE FINAL DRIVES
A B CD E F G H I J K
5P4204 Spanner Socket
Retaining Ring Pliers
Ratchet Box Wrench
Bearing Cup Puller Attach.
Bearing Pulling Attachment
a) remove axles
1. Remove the nut that holds the sprockets on
the shaft with tooling (A). Install tooling
(B) on the shaft.
2. Lift the machine off the ground. Install
tooling (D) under the rear frame as shown.
Remove the bolts that hold covers (1) from
the tandem housing. Remove covers (1).
3. Install tooling (C) on the rear wheels.
Fasten a hoist to the tandem housing and
tooling (C). Install tooling (E) between
tooling (C) and the hoist to help keep the
tandem housing in balance. Disconnect the
air line from the tandem housing.
4. Remove nuts (2) and the washers that hold
the tandem housing to the final drive
5. Move the tandem housing away from the
final drive housing and on to tooling (B).
NOTE: Tooling (B) keeps the sprockets in their
correct positions in the tandem housing.
6. Remove tooling (B) from the shaft. Do not
remove tooling (B) from the sprockets.
7. Move the tandem housing away from the
machine. Weight is 2300 lb. (1043 kg).
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY