DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
INSTALL DRIVE CHAINS
1. Put the drive chain in position on the drive
sprocket and the wheel spindle sprocket
with the ends of the chain at the openings.
2. Install tooling (B) on the chain. Put the
master link in position in the ends of the
NOTE: Install the master link so the end where the
cotter pins are installed is toward the other chain.
Make sure the master links of the two chains are
not side by side on the same tooth of the drive
sprockets or they can hit each other. A bar (1) can
be used to keep the wheel spindle from turning.
3. Install tooling (A) on the chain.
4. Remove tooling (B).
5. Install the link bar (2) on the master link.
Remove tooling (A).
6. Install the cotter pins in the master link.
7. Put cover (3) and the gasket in position on
the tandem housing. Install the bolts and
the washers that hold the cover.
8. Put covers (4) and the gaskets in position on
each side of the tandem housing. Install the
bolts and the washers that hold the covers.
a) install rear wheels
b) install axles