DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
6. Install tooling (A) on the axle and bearing
(9). Remove bearing (9) with tooling (A).
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for the other axle.
1. Install bearing (1) on the axle with tooling
2. Put axle (2) in position in the final drive.
3. Install the axle in the final drive and
differential. The axle must be turned to put
the splines on the axle in alignment with the
splines in the final drive and differential.
4. Put retainer (3) in position on the final
drive. Install bolts (5) and locks (4) that
hold the retainer to the final drive. Bend the
locks against the bolts.
5. Put the cover in position on the tandem
housing. Install the bolts that hold the
6. Fill the tandem housing and the bevel gear
case with oil to the correct level.
7. Do Steps 1 through 6 for the other axle.