DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
TIMING GEARS AND PLATE
6. Remove the three nuts (opposite side) from
studs (7) that hold the fuel injection pump
housing to the timing gear plate.
7. Remove six bolts (8), the locks and timing gear
plate (9) from the engine block.
INSTALL TIMING GEARS AND
1. Clean the old gasket from the contact surfaces
of the timing gear plate and cylinder block.
Install a new gasket on the cylinder block. Cut
the gasket even with the bottom face of the
cylinder block. Put 5H2471 Gasket Cement on
the bottom of the gasket where the gasket
makes contact with the gasket for the oil pan
2. Be sure O-ring seals (1) are in position on the
end of the fuel injection pump housing.
3. Put timing gear plate (2) in position on the
cylinder block and install the locks and bolts
that hold it in place. Install the three washers
and nuts that hold the fuel injection pump
housing to the back of the timing gear plate.