DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
TIMING GEARS AND PLATE
REMOVE TIMING GEARS AND
Bolt (3/8 "-24 NF x 3 ¾ in. long)
Flat Washer (3/8 in.)
a ) remove timing gear cover
1. Loosen the bolt that holds gear (1) on the fuel
injection pump camshaft approximately 6.35
mm (.25 in.). Install tooling (A) on gear (1)
and use tooling (A) to loosen the gear on the
shaft. Remove tooling (A), the bolt, washer and
gear (1) from the shaft.
2. Remove bolts (3), the plate and idler gear (2)
from the shaft.
3. If necessary use tool (B) and a press to remove
the bearing from idler gear (2).
Do not turn crankshaft after camshaft gear (6)
has been removed. It will cause damage to the
4. Turn the crankshaft and camshaft so the "C"
marks (4) are in alignment on both crankshaft
gear (5) and camshaft gear (6).
5. Remove the bolts and camshaft gear (6) from