DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
CRANKSHAFT FRONT SEAL AND WEAR SLEEVE
REMOVE CRANKSHAFT FRONT SEAL AND
R i n g
a) remove engine front support
NOTE: When a replacement of the front seal is
made, a replacement of the wear sleeve is to be made
1. Remove the crankshaft front seal (1) with tool-
2. Install tool (C) into seal bore.
3. Install tool (B) between tool (C) and the wear
sleeve. Turn tool (B) until the edge of the tool
makes a flat place (crease) in the wear sleeve.
Do this in two or more places until the wear
sleeve is loose.
4. Remove tool (C) and the wear sleeve by hand.
INSTALL CRANKSHAFT FRONT SEAL AND
1. Install the crankshaft front seal and wear sleeve
with tooling (A) as follows:
a) Put clean engine oil on the seal lip of seal
(1) and on the outside diameter of wear
sleeve (2). Install seal (1) on wear sleeve
(2) as shown.
b) Use 6V1541 Quick Cure Primer to clean
the outside diameter of crankshaft (3) and
the inside diameter of wear sleeve (2).
c) Put 9S3265 Retaining Compound on the
outside diameter of crankshaft (3) and the
inside diameter of wear sleeve (2).
NOTE: Make sure the lip of the seal is toward the
engine and the outside diameter bevel of the wear
sleeve is toward the outside of the engine.
d) Put wear sleeve (2) with seal (1) on the
front of the crankshaft as shown in Figure
1. Install tooling (A). Tighten the bolt in
tooling (A) until the inside surface of the
installer in tooling (A) makes contact with
the end of the crankshaft.
a) install engine front support