DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE SPACER PLATE
a) remove cylinder head
1. Remove sixteen water seals ( 1) and one O-ring
seal (3) from spacer plate (2).
Do not cause damage to the dowels as the
spacer plate is removed.
2. Remove spacer plate (2) from the engine block.
3. Remove O-ring seal (5) and gasket (4) from the
INSTALL SPACER PLATE
1. Thoroughly clean the spacer plate and cylinder
Put a new gasket (3) and O-ring seal (2) in
position on dowel.
Put spacer plate (1) in position on the cylinder
Both surfaces of the spacer plate, top of cylin-
der block and both sides of the spacer plate
gasket must be clean and dry. Gasket adhesive
or other substances must not be used on these
4. Install new water seals (4) and O-ring seal (5)
in the spacer plate.
5. Check the cylinder liner (projection) height.
See INSTALL CYLINDER LINERS.
a) install cylinder head