DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
NOTE: Make a replacement of shield (7) any time it
5. Install shield (7) on the carrier and use tool (A)
to push the shield against its seat. Use a ham-
mer and punch to move the metal (stake) two
places on the side of the shield 180° ± 5°
apart next to the holes in the shield.
6. Install one race (9). bearing (10), the other race
(9) and use tool (B) to install the ring on riser
(8) as shown.
7. Install riser (8) and spring (overfueling spring)
on the governor shaft as shown.
8. Assemble the dashpot as follows:
a) Install spring (12) on seat (11) and install
seat (13) in spring (12).
b) Put spool (14) and ring (15) in position on
seat (13) and use tool (B) to install snap
ring (16) to hold them in place.
9. Install dashpot assembly (17) on the governor
shaft as shown.