15. Install O-ring seal ( 10).
16. Install bushing (11). Tighten bushing (11) by
hand until the bushing is even with the top of
the housing. If installation of the bushing can
not be made this far by hand, remove it. Re-
move the pump, put the parts in alignment
again and install the bushing again.
17. Use tool (F) and a torque wrench to tighten the
bushing to a torque of 190 ± 14 Nm (140 ±
18. Remove tooling (B).
19. Install tooling (G) and (H) to measure total
rack travel. Correct rack travel is 15.7 mm
(.618 in.). A smaller measurement is an indica-
tion of wrong fuel injection pump installation.
20. Complete the installation of the remainder of
fuel injection pumps as given in Steps 11-19.
21. Install cover and gasket (12).
a) install governor on fuel injection pump
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY