REMOVE WATER TEMPERATURE
1. Drain the coolant from the cooling system be-
low the level of the water temperature regula-
2. Loosen clamps (1) and slide hose (2) up.
3. Remove four bolts (3) and pipe (4).
4. Remove gasket (6) and the water temperature
INSTALL WATER TEMPERATURE
If the water temperature regulator is installed
wrong, it will cause the engine to overheat.
Put the water temperature regulator (1) in po-
sition in the head as shown.
Inspect the gasket for damage and make a re-
placement if necessary.
Put gasket (3) and pipe (2) in position on head
and install the bolts (6) to hold pipe in place.
Slide the hose (4) in position and install the two
5. Fill the radiator as outlined in Part 5 of this
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY