(40) Tandem Drive Housings
Hot oil or components can cause personal injury if
they contact skin. Use caution when draining oil or
4. Clean vent hole in breathers.
5. Clean and install drain plugs. Install breathers.
6. Fill compartment through dipstick opening. (See
1. Remove drain plugs (1 in each compartment - (total
2. Allow oil to drain.
7. Install dipsticks finger tight and measure oil level. Oil
level should be between ADD and FULL marks on
dipstick. Add oil if necessary.
8. Start engine and operate the machine for a few
minutes. Inspect for leaks.
3. Remove dipstick (1 in each compartment - total 2).
Wash breather by submerging the hex heads in clean
9. Stop engine and measure oil level. Maintain oil level
non-flammable solvent. Move hex head in solvent until
between ADD and FULL marks on dipstick.
breather material is clean. Shake the dipstick until
10. Add oil if necessary.
material is dry.