Priming the Fuel System
1. Unlock the priming pump plunger and operate the
Open the drain valve and drain any sediment or water
pump. Operate the pump until a strong resistance is
that may have accumulated. Close the valve.
2. Start the engine and inspect for leaks.
3. Tighten nut to 40.8 6.8 Nm (30 5 lb. ft.).
1. Remove fuel tank filler cap. Disassemble cap and
If the engine continues to misfire or smoke, further
wash it in clean non-flammable solvent. Examine gasket
bleeding is necessary. With the engine running, loosen
and replace it if it is damaged.
the fuel line nuts, one at a time, several times in
succession and allow the fuel to run until free of air
2. Oil elements lightly and assemble cap. Install cap.
bubbles. Tighten the fuel line nuts.