Blade Circle-Measure Circle to Shoe Clearance
1. With the machine level and blade 90 to the frame,
5. Measure the clearance between the top of the back
lower the blade to the ground and apply slight down
shoes(4 shoes) and the circle. Distance should be
between 0.51 and t.3 mm (.020 and .090 inch). Adjust if
2. Support the front of the circle so that the circle is
touching drawbar wear strips at a minimum of three
places around the circle.
Clearance should be measured at both ends of the shoe.
The smallest clearance dimension should be used to
determine the adjustment required.
clearance will prevent circle rotation.
3. Measure the thickness of all wear strips. Replace
all wear strips if any one is 1.5 mm (.06 inch) or less.
6. Lubricate the circle guide shoes. See "Circle Guide
Shoes" in the "Every 10 Service Hours or Daily" section.
4. Make sure the bolts holding the shoes to the
7. Clean the top of the circle. Be sure to remove all of
drawbar are tight.
the old lubricant. Apply lubricant to the top of the circle
and the inner vertical surface of circle, which the shoes