Drawbar Ball and Socket Clearance
2. The correct drawbar socket adjustment should have
1. With the blade 90 to the frame, lower the blade to
a slight preload. Adjust if necessary.
the ground. Inch (move slowly) machine to rear. Apply
the parking brake and stop engine to maintain a light
load between the draft ball and adapter.
4a. Install enough shims so that when the two
halves of the socket are fastened together, the
socket can be rotated by hand with a small amount
4b. Remove the two bolts and adapter that hold the
socket together and remove one .25 mm (.010 inch)
shim, so the socket will have a slight preload.
Install the adapter.
1. Support the drawbar and circle.
2. Remove bolts (1) and move the drawbar back or
the machine forward.
3. Remove the two capscrews (A) adapter (B) and
6. Assemble the drawbar to the bolster. Tighten the
bolts to 410 + 25 N.m (300 + 20 lb ft).