4. Lower the temperature of the bearing for the
upper pin bore of the front frame to -70F to
90F (-570C to -68C).
5. Install the bearing in the upper pin bore of the
front frame with tooling (D).
6. Put clean grease on the lips of the seals and on
the upper and lower caps.
7. Install the seals in the upper and lower caps with
tooling (E). Install the seals with the lips toward
8. Put bearing (1) in position on bottom cap (2).
Put the cap and the bearing in position on the
floor jack (3).
9. Install the bearing in the bottom pin bore of the
10. Put upper cap (5) in position over the bearing
with no shims. Install three bolts (4) in the
locations shown. Tighten the bolts evenly to a
torque of 65 + 5 lb. ft. (90 + 7 N.m).
11. Measure the distance between cap (5) and the
frame with feeler gauge (6) at each bolt location.
12. Remove the bolts and the upper cap.
13. Put upper cap (5) and a thickness of shims
same as the minimum distance measured in
Step 11 in position over the bottom pin bore.
14. Install the spacer on the bearing. Remove the
a) connection of main frames