ASSEMBLE HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS
Chain Wrench Group
1. Put the crown in position on the rod.
2. Put SAE 10 oil on the seals. Install seals (1) in
the head with tool (C). Install with the lip of the
center seal toward the inside of the head. Install
with the lip of the outside seal toward the outside
of the head. Install the ring and the seal on the
head with the ring toward the rod end of the ,
3. Put head (3) in position on the rod.
4. Install the ring on piston (2).
Install the seal
assembly on the piston.
Tooling (D) can be used to make the
seal larger so it will go over the
5. Put piston (2) in position on the rod.
6. Put 2P2506 Thread Lubricant on the threads of
7. Install the washer and bolt (4) in the rod. Tighten
the bolt to the correct torque shown on Page
8. Put clean grease on the outside of the head and
the inside of the crown.
9. Put cylinder (5) in position over the piston and
head. Install the crown on the cylinder. Tighten
the crown to the correct torque shown on Page
126 with tooling (E).
10. Tighten the setscrew that holds the head to the
crown to the correct torque shown on Page 126.
Tighten the crown and setscrew with
the rod fully extended. This will keep
the cylinder, piston, and head in