DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
10. Lower the temperature of bearing cup (10) and
install in the retainer housing (11).
11. Put retainer housing (11) in position on the circle
drive housing. Do not install the O-ring seal or the
shims. Install the nuts that hold the carrier housing
to the circle drive housing.
12. Install tooling (B) on the carrier housing and
against worm (8). Tighten nuts (12) evenly while
worm (8) is moved. Tighten nuts (12) until the
shaft end play is zero. Measure the distance
between retainer housing (11) and the circle drive
housing with a feeler gauge. Remove retainer
housing (11) and tooling (B).
13. Install shims on the retainer housing to give a
preload dimension of .000 - .005 in. (.000 - .127
Inspect the O-ring seal and make a
replacement if necessary. Install O-ring seal on
the retainer housing. Install retainer housing on
14. Install coupling (13) on worm shaft.
15. Install the bearing in cover (14) for the circle drive
housing with tool (A). Inspect and make an O-ring
seal replacement if necessary.
16. Put cover in position on the circle drive housing
and install five bolts (15).
a) install circle drive