DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
INSTALL CIRCLE DRIVE
1. Make sure the Duo-Cone seals for the pinion and
the circle drive housing are clean and dry. Make
sure all the metal surfaces with which the seals
make contact are clean and dry.
2. Install the Duo-Cone seals in circle drive housing
(1) and the pinion (3) with tooling (A).
3. Install thrust washer (2) on the face of pinion (3).
4. Put a small amount of oil on the surfaces of the
Duo-Cone seals that make contact with each
5. Install tooling (B) and a hoist on the circle drive
6. Put circle drive housing (1) in position over the
circle drawbar. Install pinion (3) on the shaft of the
circle drive and on the circle. Lower the circle
drive on to the drawbar.
7. Remove the hoist and tooling (A) from circle drive
housing. Install three bolts in housing.
8. Install O-ring seal (5), spacer (6), lock (7) and nut
(8) on the shaft of the circle drive. Tighten nut (8)
to a torque of 110 15 lb. ft. (149 20 Nm). Bend
the lock across the flat surface of nut (8).
9. Install the nuts and washers on studs (4). Tighten
the nuts to a torque of 290 20 lb. ft. (390 25
10. Install the bolts-that hold the circle drive to the
circle drawbar from the top.
11. Fill the circle drive housing to its correct level.
a) install circle drive motor