SUPPLEMENTAL STEERING SYSTEM
HARNESS, CONNECTOR, PIN AND SOCKET IDENTIFICATION
LED, master fault light, and warning horn should
GENERAL TEST PROCEDURE
go ON. The motor status light should stay OFF.
6. With the engine running, move the supplemental
1. Turn the electrical disconnect switch ON.
steering switch on the control console to MANUAL.
The motor status light should go ON. The machine
2. E.M.S. position 10 (lower right-hand) LED and the
should steer normally. The E.M.S. LED and master
master fault light should flash until the engine is
fault light should stay off.
started. The motor status light should go ON and
the supplemental steering motor should run for 3
7. With the engine at low idle, the transmission
modulator pedal depressed, and the transmission
control in the highest gear, release the
3. While the motor status light is ON, steering effort
transmission modulator pedal and stall the engine.
should approximate the primary steering system's
The E.M.S. LED, master fault light, and the motor
status light should go ON. The machine should
steer normally. Pull the accelerator pedal up to the
4. Start the engine. The E.M.S. LED and master fault
engine shut-off position. The motor status light
light as well as the motor status light should all go
should go OFF, the E.M.S. LED and master fault
light should stay ON.
5. With the engine running, depress the control rod
8. Turn the electrical disconnect switch OFF to turn
lever of the hydraulic unloading valve. The E.M.S.
off the supplemental steering system.