FUEL SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. (cont)
Governor and Fuel Injection Pump.
STATIC FUEL ADJUSTMENT (cont)
11. Adjust dial indicator (Figure
3-105) to zero. Tighten collet
only enough to hold dial
indicator in zero position.
12. Remove timing pin.
13. Remove plug (6) and preformed
packing (7, Figure 3-104).
Discard preformed packing (7).
14. Adjust compressor. Back out the
bolt at the end of compressor
15. Install bolt in hole where plug
(6) was removed.
16. Install circuit tester. Connect
one wire to insulator contact (8,
Figure 3-106) and connect the
other wire to ground.
17. Move governor control lever (5,
Figure 3-104) to low idle
position and hold.
18. Adjust compressor. Turn bolt at
end of compressor clockwise as
far as it will go. Turn bolt out
until circuit tester indicates
19. Dial indicator should read 0.056
inch if static fuel setting is
correct. If not correct, proceed
to next step.
Go to Sheet 5